Internship opportunity with ADNE
African Diaspora Network in Europe (ADNE) is an umbrella organization for African diaspora in Europe whose primary objective is to assist members (Organizations/Associations, Enterprises, individuals) to engage with policy makers on issues of common interest to Europe and Africa. ADNE has become a recognized interlocutor of the European Union, African Union, African Countries, African Embassies, ACP Group, Governmental agencies and International organizations.
ADNE initiated the consultation between the Diaspora and the European institutions including the European Parliament. ADNE is a member of the Policy Forum on Development, a platform bringing together representatives of civil society organizations and local authorities from Europe and partner countries as well as representatives of European institutions and bodies. In partnership with the African Union and the European Union, ADNE initiated the celebration of the Global Diaspora Week at the European level.
ADNE is committed to providing leadership and action on issues of integration and interculturalism, entrepreneurial and investment opportunities, employment, migration, environmental challenges and other pertinent socio-political and economic issues.
ADNE is seeking for interns to support the Executive board to
- Support current project managers and coordinators with existing projects;
- Develop, coordinate, implement upcoming projects;
- Undertake literature searches to establish background data for new proposals;
- Assist in the development of timelines and plans for projects;
- Assist with the production and distribution of communications material for key stakeholders;
- Supporting drafting of policy research papers and presentations;
- Provide further support as required by the Executive Board.
Communications and Advocacy:
- Provide support to events including workshops, panel discussions, special meetups etc.;
- Attend meetings and share minutes;
- During events, promote ADNE’s voice on social networks (Twitter, Facebook).
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of ADNE;
- Demonstrated interest in Africa-EU Affairs, development cooperation in general, Migration and Diasporas;
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and to show a spirit of initiative and a capacity to work in an independent way with limited supervision;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence;
- Excellent writing skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) Be a fresh graduate, looking for a first experience;
ADNE is looking for various background in Political Science, International Relations, Management, Communication, African affairs, European Studies, New technologies, Graphism, advocacy, Development studies, Culture…
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel); advanced skills in design and graphism ( In Design, photoshop, illustrator) are an asset;
- High level of organization and initiative;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Strong interpersonal social skills and ability to work within a diversified team environment as a contributing member;
- Ability to deliver remote work.
- All costs connected with an intern’s participation in the programme must be borne by the students or the nominating institutions as appropriate.
- The intern will be doing remote work with regular meetings.
The top 10 shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If interested, please email us your CV (2 pages max.) and cover letter (1 page max.) before the 15th July 2020 via: email@example.com